When wedding planning, there are many factors that require your attention and many decisions to be made. Choosing the venue, the flowers, the colors, the menu, and more can be somewhat stressful. Deer Creek Golf Club understands all of this, which is why we offer our help and guidance along the way, including providing a day-of coordinator to those who use our venue for their weddings.
One decision our South Florida wedding venue can’t help the bride make is who they want standing up there with them on the big day. Bridesmaids are often some of the bride’s family and close friends that support and love the new chapter in their loved one’s life. A trend that is growing more popular is proposing to the bridesmaids. It is best to ask them within two to three months of getting engaged or sooner. This will give everyone time to plan and be a part of all the pre-wedding activities. This will also allow them time to block out their calendars for the festivities and financially prepare.
Our professionals at our wedding venue have seen some unique bridesmaid proposal ideas that we want to share with our readers!
What Are Good Bridal Proposal Gifts?
When choosing bridal proposal gifts, there are a few routes that can be taken. The gift can be something that speaks personally to each person or something that is fun for them to use. Some of the most popular options are wine tumblers, jewelry that can be worn to the wedding, or personalized totes and bags for the bachelorette trip or the day of the wedding. Anything fun, creative, and useful is always the best type of proposal idea! Here are some other gifts for fun bridesmaid proposals.
Champagne Bath Bombs
Bridesmaid’s proposal gifts don’t always have to be super practical. You can get them fun champagne-shaped bath bombs to “pop the question” to them. A mini champagne bottle can also be added to a little basket along with a special message for them. You can add some OJ to the basket so they can enjoy some delicious mimosas.
If you know your soon-to-be bridesmaid has a sweet tooth, then chocolates are a great gift idea. Include a sweet message inside, along with a guide to what flavor the chocolates are. This can act as a personal gift or just a fun one for your sweet loving friend or family member.
Cozy Matching Socks or Pajama Sets
Cozy socks or matching pajama sets are a perfect gift if you are planning a trip with your bridesmaids for a bachelorette party or for the day of the wedding to get ready. This will be cute for pictures and an easy gift to put together. At Deer Creek, our wedding venue has beautiful landscapes and gardens that are the perfect backdrop for a wedding party before getting dressed (in the matching pajama sets) and after in the bridesmaid dresses.
Matching Passport Holders
If you plan on traveling out of the country for your bachelorette trip, then give your group trendy matching passport holders.
Personalized Bags and Jackets
Though common, one of the most popular gifts to give bridesmaids is personalized jackets and/or bags! Have denim jackets made with their names on them, or just purchase matching jackets that can be used again after your wedding. Everyone loves a practical gift that will last longer than the event, and jackets and bags are the perfect gifts for that.
There are many unique bridesmaids’ proposal ideas out there that can be used, so think about your bridesmaids and what would be special or unique to them.
Contact Deer Creek Today!
Once you have your wedding party put together, then our coordinator and other professionals can help you with everything else at the venue. We have vendors and a great network to help our couples create the wedding of their dreams! Contact us today to tour the venue and see which wedding packages work best for you and your partner.
If couples are tying the knot on October 31st, there is probably a chance that they are planning spooky weddings. Halloween-themed weddings celebrate the love between you and the holiday! Our wedding venue has seen a few Halloween weddings in our time, and here Deer Creek wants to share some tips and Halloween wedding ideas!
Tips for Halloween-Themed Weddings
When it comes to spooky weddings, the first thing you’ll want to do is to make sure your guests are fully aware of the theme and their parts in it. If you want a dress code or anything else from your guests, include it on the invitations. This will give them enough time to prepare before the wedding.
Communicating with your guests will help keep your special day on the theme if that is what you wish!
Have Fun With it!
Holidays and weddings alike are meant to be celebrated with the ones you love in the way that you want to celebrate. You can incorporate details that excite you and just enjoy decorating and playing into your theme.
Here are some Halloween wedding ideas:
- Black place settings with crystal wedding favors
- Black wedding suits with silver accents
- Halloween-themed desserts
- Incorporating Halloween details into your cake (ex. Skull cake topper)
- ‘Til Death neon sign to hang behind the newlyweds
- Bride with dark and dramatic wedding makeup
- Bridesmaids in dark, vampy, gothic dresses and styles
- Leather jackets for the wedding party
- Coffin ring box for the ring bearer
- Dark pumpkins, skulls, webs, and other spooky wedding decorations lining the aisle
- Black candles and other dark tables decor
- Dark flowers for the bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces
If you have any questions about our wedding venue or Halloween wedding ideas, contact us! And check out some more examples of the best spooky wedding below.
Deer Creek gets to see all kinds of golf attire on our courses. With Halloween approaching, we are ready to see what kind of golf Halloween costumes there are. In fact, we wanted to help some of our readers come up with some golfer costumes!
Here are 10 easy and excellent costume ideas:
- Old Tyme Golfer
- Happy Gilmore
- Happy Gilmore Caddy
- Caddyshack Carl Spackler
- Caddyshack Gopher
- Caddyshack Al Czervik
- “Tiger” Woods
- Zombie Golfer
- John Daly
- Masters Winner
Old Time Golfer
This is one of the fun golf Halloween costumes that are also easy! Dressing up as an old-time golfer takes putting together some old clothes or heading out and grabbing the costume. All it takes is a hat, sweater, and some knickers. This kind of outfit is great for work parties or nicer Halloween events, when you may not want to go completely crazy with your costume.
Easily one of the most famous golf movies of all time, Happy Gilmore has inspired children, young adults, and older adults alike with his bold golfing form. Grabbing a hockey jersey that sports the ‘Gilmore’ name and number ‘18’ on it is perfect! If you plan on booking a tee time in this outfit, we do recommend leaving the hockey stick at home!
Happy Gilmore Caddy
If you know Happy Gilmore, then you know his hairy caddy! This is another easy costume, even if you don’t have long, messy hair to work with. A wig is easy to purchase along with the beard and outfit. It is one of the best Happy Gilmore costume ideas.
Caddyshack Carl Spackler
Caddyshack is another classic golf comedy with iconic characters, humor, and some of the best golf Halloween costumes. Portraying Caddyshack’s Carl Spackler, played by Bill Murray, takes a few clothing articles to bring the look together:
- Bucket hat, preferably camouflage patterned
- Light green t-shirt
- Khaki shorts or pants
- Black ankle books
You can even put together the outfit with clothes you already own
This character was one of the most iconic of the movie! This may be a harder costume to get your hands on, but if you and a partner dress up as Carl Spackler and a gopher, the combo is sure to be a hit at any party or event!
Caddyshack Al Czervik
One of the easiest characters to spot from this movie is Al Czervik, played by the notorious Rodney Dangerfield. From his rainbow and colorful outfits to his sarcasm and humor, this costume can let you take on a whole character – personality and all. This costume is sold in stores, but it can also be created using golfer costumes that are brightly colored and patterned to bring this outfit to life.
Though Tiger Woods can be created with a red polo with black golfing pants, costumes that are punny can sometimes be the best! Our South Florida Golf Club loves a good golf pun. For example, you can wear a tiger onesie with a hat and golf clubs. The choice is yours!
This golf spin on a classic Halloween costume is an easy go-to! Tear up some old golf clothes, apply zombie makeup, and you’ll have the zombie aesthetic down. You could also find the outfit in local costume shops.
This is one of the easiest golf Halloween Costumes to put together. Known for his loud golf pants and bright shirts, to dress like John Daly, just grab some loudmouth pants and a bright shirt (they can match, but they don’t have to). Then sport a semi-mullet haircut or wig, walk around with a golf club, and you’re done! If you want to go the extra mile, then don’t forget a can of Diet Coke.
This is probably the easiest golfer costume out there. Grab a golf outfit and green jacket, and you’re done! You’ll fit right in on the golf course and hopefully boost your confidence as you play!
If you are interested in playing our courses or have any further questions, contact us today!
While some may think of it as an afterthought, it’s the food at a wedding that has the power to truly bring guests from all walks of life together. If you are looking at summer wedding food ideas, there are a number of factors that must be considered.
- Are there any known dietary restrictions?
- Do you prefer buffet style or plated dishes?
- What foods are in season?
Deer Creek’s Fort Lauderdale Country Club maps out delicious summer party food ideas to wow your guests and enhance the beauty of your reception!
First Course Ideas to Get the Party Started!
To get your party started, here are some summer wedding food ideas for appetizers. These are the first impressions your guests will get of your party, so here are some fabulous appetizers to accentuate the season.
- Caprese Salad: Bright tomatoes pair beautifully with fresh mozzarella and basil, topped with a light drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This dish can be served plated or passed out on skewers for an on-the-go snack, plus it’s a wonderful vegetarian option.
- Sushi Bar: Nothing screams summer like sushi! The versatility of this grab-and-go snack means it can satisfy a number of palettes. Make sure to include California or tempura rolls for those who don’t prefer raw fish.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Cantaloupe: This unique yet popular bite is the perfect blend of sweet, fruity, and salty. Its allure lies in its simplicity, showcasing the beautiful dance of flavors between the minimal ingredients.
- Lobster Rolls: A classic summer dish that is both filling and mouth-watering. Feel free to collaborate with your caterer if you’d prefer a substitution for the lobster.
- Charcuterie Graze: By showcasing an assortment of combinations, including cheese, fruit, meats, and crackers, guests will have the ability to craft their perfect bite and go back for seconds throughout the night.
Summer Main Courses
As the party gets underway and guests grow hungrier after dancing the night away, these fresh and filling foods will keep the party going.
- Fresh Pizza: Don’t let the popularity of this classic dish fool you. An artisanal wood-fired pizza is a perfect vessel for a wide array of ingredients and tastes.
- Braised Short Ribs: Pair this easy yet decadent dish with your favorite summer vegetables.
- Elote (Mexican street corn): This vegetarian option is packed with bright and powerful flavors and can be served on the cob or plated.
- Summer Salads: The options are endless when deciding what to include. Pair in-season vegetables with bright, citrusy dressings to pair great with champagne and wine.
Wedding Desserts to End the Night
Wrap up your magical evening on a high note with these mouth-watering summer dessert ideas.
- Make Your Own Acai Bowls: Nothing says summer like fresh fruit. What better way to showcase these ingredients than in a filling and refreshing smoothie bowl?
- Boozy Popsicles: Pair bright fruit juices with your favorite spirit in this delicious frozen treat. Have non-alcoholic versions on hand for children and those who don’t imbibe.
- Macarons: These gluten-free confections provide the perfect vessel for sweet summer flavors like peach or watermelon.
- Crepes: A classic dessert that can be paired with delectable ingredients like Nutella, cinnamon, and fruit.
- Key Lime Pie: Nothing screams a Florida summer celebration like this iconic dessert. Serve as small bites or in classic slices.
Contact Deer Creek to Learn More!
At Deer Creek, we take pride in both our extravagant venue and top-notch facilities, including excellent kitchens, eliminating the need for a caterer! If you have been inspired by these summer wedding food ideas, don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about these accommodations, and read more on wedding ideas on our blog.
Spring is finally here and love is in the air! Between the warmer weather and the new blooms all around it’s one of the best times for nuptials. Deer Creek Golf Club is here to help pull off a great spring wedding, at the perfect venue. While springtime is busy with all the prom-goers and spring breakers, there are plenty of ways to pull off your special day in the midst of it.
There are a variety of things to focus on for a successful spring wedding, we have narrowed some of those for you.
One of the best parts of a spring wedding is that everything is in bloom at this time. There is such a wide range of stems in-season to dress up your wedding with. Peonies, tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths, nature supplies some of the most beautiful decorations. Cherry blossoms, dogwood, wheatgrass, herbs, and moss are great non-traditional touches to your floral arrangements. Deer Creek ballroom is adjacent to the beautiful outdoor gardens and country club. We are also an outdoor wedding venue with lush landscaping and an amazon cascading waterfall.
Spring Wedding Colors
Springtime is for pastels and softer but beautiful colors. When planning out your color palette, here are some wedding themes for spring:
- Blue, Purple, and Pink: softer, cooler shades are always a great way to go. Pops of these colors bring a subtle but radiant touch to your centerpieces, napkins, drapery, and even table cloths.
- Pink, Orange, White: Using various shades of pinks and oranges against white will add a bright splash of color in a classic way to your wedding day. They are happy hues for a reason, why not have them surrounding the happiest of days?
- Shades of Pink: Pink is incredibly versatile due to its many different shades. It will let you bring a soft pop of color or a brighter one!
- Warms Hues and Green: One of the most popular spring wedding colors are the subdued shades that also bring brightness. Using saturated fiery reds, oranges, and yellows mixed in with warm greens is a fantastic way to go.
- Red, Pink, and White: This is a classy way to incorporate color into your big day. Dark reds mellowed out with softer shades of pinks and white are great for Spring.
What to Wear to a Spring Wedding?
Finding the perfect dress or outfit is one of the biggest parts of your wedding day. Choosing between a sexy or classy wedding dress can be a lot, but there are also new spring wedding dress trends to consider:
- Bridal Dresses With Floral Motifs
- Deep V Necklines Dresses
- Puff Sleeve Wedding Gowns
- Mini Wedding Dresses
- Minimalist Bridal Gowns
- Sexy Silhouette Gowns
- Thigh-High Slits Bridal Gowns
For the grooms, it’s all about what fabric their suit is made from. We recommend cotton suits because they are a nice, lightweight option, especially for outdoor weddings in South Florida.
If you want a beautifully scenic wedding venue, contact us today, availability runs out quickly!
Why You Need An Outdoor Wedding Ceremony
How To Choose Your Wedding Cake
Summer is a polarizing season, with some relishing in the hot sun and leaving others scampering to find air conditioning and ways to cool off. As Florida’s premier bridal shower and golf course wedding venue, we have the tips for a successful summer wedding to ensure you and your guests have an unforgettable night for all the right reasons.
Outdoor Summer Weddings
For those interested in an outdoor summer wedding, we have some recommendations for beating the heat:
Timing can be everything. We recommend not scheduling any events before 4:00 PM, giving some time for the hottest part of the day to pass. An added benefit is you can have the ceremony during sunset for a romantic, beautiful outdoor setting. We have seen several ceremonies at our beautiful golf course wedding venue at sunsets on many summer nights and can attest to its beauty.
Summer Wedding Dress Codes
Another vital component for a successful summer wedding is to lighten the dress code. You and your guests will thank you for this, as three-piece suits and heavy formal dresses can be extremely uncomfortable and even dangerous on a hot summer’s day. A less formal wedding also allows your guests to feel more at ease and relaxed and can result in even more dancing and merriment!
Tents and indoor areas can provide you and your guests with the opportunity for shelter from the summer sun. Indoor settings can be air-conditioned and give guests the option to join the more outdoorsy of your guests if they so choose to. A tent can provide a section of your wedding with shade and has the appearance of being both indoors and outdoors simultaneously.
Our outdoor weddings have the option of additionally using our beautiful South Florida event ballrooms so you and your guests can travel freely from an elegant indoor setting to a beautiful sprawling green, complete with a cascading waterfall. This added space ensures that no guests feel overheated or stuck inside a single room.
When deciding on catering options for your wedding, consider avoiding hot appetizers, mains, and desserts. We recommend avoiding soups, pies, and piping hot entrees, opting instead for maybe a gazpacho soup, salads, and specialty gelatos instead. Leave your guests light and cool, as few people enjoy a hot meal on a summer’s day.
For the Bride and Groom to Be
As this is your special day, we want you to feel your absolute best. In addition to lighter, less formal attire, we recommend sporting summer-friendly hairstyles for those with longer hair. Let your neck and shoulders breathe and fit the theme of your more relaxed, fun wedding.
Florida Summer Weddings
For those searching for a great Florida summer wedding venue, we recommend checking out our beautiful ballroom and golf course green. The perfect mix of an indoor and outdoor wedding, we provide excellent catering options for weddings, bridal and engagement parties, and any specialty or holiday events. Contact us today to reserve our stunning property.
How to Choose Your Wedding Cake
How to Master the Natural Makeup Look