While some may think of it as an afterthought, it’s the food at a wedding that has the power to truly bring guests from all walks of life together. If you are looking at summer wedding food ideas, there are a number of factors that must be considered.
- Are there any known dietary restrictions?
- Do you prefer buffet style or plated dishes?
- What foods are in season?
Deer Creek’s Fort Lauderdale Country Club maps out delicious summer party food ideas to wow your guests and enhance the beauty of your reception!
First Course Ideas to Get the Party Started!
To get your party started, here are some summer wedding food ideas for appetizers. These are the first impressions your guests will get of your party, so here are some fabulous appetizers to accentuate the season.
- Caprese Salad: Bright tomatoes pair beautifully with fresh mozzarella and basil, topped with a light drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This dish can be served plated or passed out on skewers for an on-the-go snack, plus it’s a wonderful vegetarian option.
- Sushi Bar: Nothing screams summer like sushi! The versatility of this grab-and-go snack means it can satisfy a number of palettes. Make sure to include California or tempura rolls for those who don’t prefer raw fish.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Cantaloupe: This unique yet popular bite is the perfect blend of sweet, fruity, and salty. Its allure lies in its simplicity, showcasing the beautiful dance of flavors between the minimal ingredients.
- Lobster Rolls: A classic summer dish that is both filling and mouth-watering. Feel free to collaborate with your caterer if you’d prefer a substitution for the lobster.
- Charcuterie Graze: By showcasing an assortment of combinations, including cheese, fruit, meats, and crackers, guests will have the ability to craft their perfect bite and go back for seconds throughout the night.
Summer Main Courses
As the party gets underway and guests grow hungrier after dancing the night away, these fresh and filling foods will keep the party going.
- Fresh Pizza: Don’t let the popularity of this classic dish fool you. An artisanal wood-fired pizza is a perfect vessel for a wide array of ingredients and tastes.
- Braised Short Ribs: Pair this easy yet decadent dish with your favorite summer vegetables.
- Elote (Mexican street corn): This vegetarian option is packed with bright and powerful flavors and can be served on the cob or plated.
- Summer Salads: The options are endless when deciding what to include. Pair in-season vegetables with bright, citrusy dressings to pair great with champagne and wine.
Wedding Desserts to End the Night
Wrap up your magical evening on a high note with these mouth-watering summer dessert ideas.
- Make Your Own Acai Bowls: Nothing says summer like fresh fruit. What better way to showcase these ingredients than in a filling and refreshing smoothie bowl?
- Boozy Popsicles: Pair bright fruit juices with your favorite spirit in this delicious frozen treat. Have non-alcoholic versions on hand for children and those who don’t imbibe.
- Macarons: These gluten-free confections provide the perfect vessel for sweet summer flavors like peach or watermelon.
- Crepes: A classic dessert that can be paired with delectable ingredients like Nutella, cinnamon, and fruit.
- Key Lime Pie: Nothing screams a Florida summer celebration like this iconic dessert. Serve as small bites or in classic slices.
Contact Deer Creek to Learn More!
At Deer Creek, we take pride in both our extravagant venue and top-notch facilities, including excellent kitchens, eliminating the need for a caterer! If you have been inspired by these summer wedding food ideas, don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about these accommodations, and read more on wedding ideas on our blog.
Spring is finally here and love is in the air! Between the warmer weather and the new blooms all around it’s one of the best times for nuptials. Deer Creek Golf Club is here to help pull off a great spring wedding, at the perfect venue. While springtime is busy with all the prom-goers and spring breakers, there are plenty of ways to pull off your special day in the midst of it.
There are a variety of things to focus on for a successful spring wedding, we have narrowed some of those for you.
One of the best parts of a spring wedding is that everything is in bloom at this time. There is such a wide range of stems in-season to dress up your wedding with. Peonies, tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths, nature supplies some of the most beautiful decorations. Cherry blossoms, dogwood, wheatgrass, herbs, and moss are great non-traditional touches to your floral arrangements. Deer Creek ballroom is adjacent to the beautiful outdoor gardens and country club. We are also an outdoor wedding venue with lush landscaping and an amazon cascading waterfall.
Spring Wedding Colors
Springtime is for pastels and softer but beautiful colors. When planning out your color palette, here are some wedding themes for spring:
- Blue, Purple, and Pink: softer, cooler shades are always a great way to go. Pops of these colors bring a subtle but radiant touch to your centerpieces, napkins, drapery, and even table cloths.
- Pink, Orange, White: Using various shades of pinks and oranges against white will add a bright splash of color in a classic way to your wedding day. They are happy hues for a reason, why not have them surrounding the happiest of days?
- Shades of Pink: Pink is incredibly versatile due to its many different shades. It will let you bring a soft pop of color or a brighter one!
- Warms Hues and Green: One of the most popular spring wedding colors are the subdued shades that also bring brightness. Using saturated fiery reds, oranges, and yellows mixed in with warm greens is a fantastic way to go.
- Red, Pink, and White: This is a classy way to incorporate color into your big day. Dark reds mellowed out with softer shades of pinks and white are great for Spring.
What to Wear to a Spring Wedding?
Finding the perfect dress or outfit is one of the biggest parts of your wedding day. Choosing between a sexy or classy wedding dress can be a lot, but there are also new spring wedding dress trends to consider:
- Bridal Dresses With Floral Motifs
- Deep V Necklines Dresses
- Puff Sleeve Wedding Gowns
- Mini Wedding Dresses
- Minimalist Bridal Gowns
- Sexy Silhouette Gowns
- Thigh-High Slits Bridal Gowns
For the grooms, it’s all about what fabric their suit is made from. We recommend cotton suits because they are a nice, lightweight option, especially for outdoor weddings in South Florida.
If you want a beautifully scenic wedding venue, contact us today, availability runs out quickly!
Why You Need An Outdoor Wedding Ceremony
How To Choose Your Wedding Cake
Summer is a polarizing season, with some relishing in the hot sun and leaving others scampering to find air conditioning and ways to cool off. As Florida’s premier bridal shower and golf course wedding venue, we have the tips for a successful summer wedding to ensure you and your guests have an unforgettable night for all the right reasons.
Outdoor Summer Weddings
For those interested in an outdoor summer wedding, we have some recommendations for beating the heat:
Timing can be everything. We recommend not scheduling any events before 4:00 PM, giving some time for the hottest part of the day to pass. An added benefit is you can have the ceremony during sunset for a romantic, beautiful outdoor setting. We have seen several ceremonies at our beautiful golf course wedding venue at sunsets on many summer nights and can attest to its beauty.
Summer Wedding Dress Codes
Another vital component for a successful summer wedding is to lighten the dress code. You and your guests will thank you for this, as three-piece suits and heavy formal dresses can be extremely uncomfortable and even dangerous on a hot summer’s day. A less formal wedding also allows your guests to feel more at ease and relaxed and can result in even more dancing and merriment!
Tents and indoor areas can provide you and your guests with the opportunity for shelter from the summer sun. Indoor settings can be air-conditioned and give guests the option to join the more outdoorsy of your guests if they so choose to. A tent can provide a section of your wedding with shade and has the appearance of being both indoors and outdoors simultaneously.
Our outdoor weddings have the option of additionally using our beautiful South Florida event ballrooms so you and your guests can travel freely from an elegant indoor setting to a beautiful sprawling green, complete with a cascading waterfall. This added space ensures that no guests feel overheated or stuck inside a single room.
When deciding on catering options for your wedding, consider avoiding hot appetizers, mains, and desserts. We recommend avoiding soups, pies, and piping hot entrees, opting instead for maybe a gazpacho soup, salads, and specialty gelatos instead. Leave your guests light and cool, as few people enjoy a hot meal on a summer’s day.
For the Bride and Groom to Be
As this is your special day, we want you to feel your absolute best. In addition to lighter, less formal attire, we recommend sporting summer-friendly hairstyles for those with longer hair. Let your neck and shoulders breathe and fit the theme of your more relaxed, fun wedding.
Florida Summer Weddings
For those searching for a great Florida summer wedding venue, we recommend checking out our beautiful ballroom and golf course green. The perfect mix of an indoor and outdoor wedding, we provide excellent catering options for weddings, bridal and engagement parties, and any specialty or holiday events. Contact us today to reserve our stunning property.
How to Choose Your Wedding Cake
How to Master the Natural Makeup Look
The Natural Makeup Look
With wedding season approaching, many brides have been planning for months, running walkthroughs, booking vendor after vendor, and looking for venues for all of their wedding-related events, such as bridal shower venues. One vendor they have probably booked is a makeup artist. Brides want to look their absolute best on their big day, but they still want to look like themselves.
The “No Makeup” makeup look is a top ask from brides that a wedding makeup artist must fulfill. Soft glam makeup is one look that highlights the bride’s natural features while covering any discoloration or insecurities. But how do you achieve natural bridal makeup?
Here is what you’ll need to do to achieve the perfect “No Makeup” look:
- Apply your regular skincare routine (prep first to make sure the skin is hydrated)
- Use a pore-filling or gripping primer
- Find a medium/buildable coverage foundation that fits your skin type
- Under the eyes, use a concealer one or two shades lighter than the foundation
- Set your foundation with a translucent or setting powder
- Work with a bronzer or heavy contouring to accent the shape of your face
- Blush should be lightly applied and a complementing shade to your skin tone
- Highlighter is optional but, if used, should be put on the high point of the face
Wedding Day Makeup Prep
A proper skincare routine is key to a more flawless makeup application. As a bride, if you don’t already have them, you should test out a few skincare products weeks before your wedding day. It is recommended to give your skin some time to adjust to the new products or see if they have any reaction. Another important tip is to consult with a skincare professional before testing any new products.
When it comes to finding all the right shades of foundations, concealers, and powders, the wedding makeup artist should know how to see the skin tone and undertones of a bride’s skin. This is why most artists will recommend a “trial” run a few weeks or months in advance to establish which shades and which look the bride will need and want.
Getting the “No Makeup” Makeup Look
To achieve the natural makeup look, you want it to look like the makeup is barely there. A light to medium buildable coverage foundation is integral in this process. It allows you to even out the skin tone while covering any blemishes or discoloration. For the rest of the face, the artist doing this bridal makeup should have a light hand and shouldn’t be packing on the products, which would make any face look cakey. Lightly bronzing instead of intensely contouring, feathering brows and not having sculpted out ones, and choosing a natural pink or nude lip with a gloss on top are additional features that help create a natural bridal look. The eyeshadows should be neutral and, once again, a compliment to the bride’s skin tone. Adding a shimmer or highlight to the eyes, bridge and tip of the nose, high points of the cheeks, and the cupid’s bow on the upper lip will leave you with a subtle but very bridal glow. Applying the highlighter to the points of the face where the light naturally hits is what brings this glow to life.
Our Florida golf course wedding venue, Deer Creek Golf Club, has so many more tips to offer for your special day! Contact us today to get started!
DIY Wedding Hair and Makeup Ideas During Coronavirus Pandemic
Deer Creek is the Dream Wedding Venue in South Florida
At our country club in South Florida, we know that your wedding day, and every detail about it, needs to be perfect. One of the most significant aspects is the dress, and Deer Creek Golf Club has seen so many different wedding dress styles that we can offer a great insight into the world of dress shopping.
That is one of the first steps a bride takes in wedding planning. She probably already has an idea of what wedding dress she wants. We’ve also learned that even though they have the idea of what they want, the debate of sexy wedding dress vs. classic wedding dress is still an obstacle they face. So let’s take a closer look!
Sexy Wedding Dress
Dresses that are bold and make a statement are considered as a more modern style. When shopping for a contemporary wedding dress, you may be drawn towards the sexy, short wedding dresses, or even a sexy, classy wedding dress or two for the brides that want something in between. There are so many different variations of dresses, from the big day itself to the engagement party and bridal shower. If you’re a bride who wants to make a big statement, a naked, sheer, or illusion dress will allow you to do that.
Classy Wedding Dress
For brides who aren’t going for the sexy dress, a more traditional wedding dress would be better. Dresses that are simple and elegant let the bride glow more naturally and subtly. Many well-known bridal shops will have various collections of classy dresses, from ball gown wedding dresses to simple lace gowns. The options are endless. While most are solid white wedding dresses, a few brides like to take their spin on the traditional look. Blush, peach, champagne, ivory, and even off-white colors are used to add a little something to a classy, traditional wedding gown.
How to Choose What Dress?
Still stuck on which dress style you want? At our Florida golf course wedding venue, we recommend trying on as many as you can. Go into wedding dress shopping with an open mind, and the dress will find you. Like we said before, even if you go in with an idea of what you want, which is helpful and will save you some stress, don’t be afraid to step out of your original idea.
Booking your wedding with Deer Creek means we want to make your big day as stress-free and perfect as possible. So while we can’t pick out the perfect dress for you, we hope our insight into the different styles will help you find your dream dress. Contact us today for more information about our wedding venue and services.
Do’s and Don’ts of Wedding Dress Shopping
2021 Wedding Dress Trends
When trying to predict the most recent trends of engagement rings our South Florida wedding venue recommends looking at celebrity engagement rings. 2021 has not disappointed with some of the most beautiful engagement rings being showcased throughout social media as celebrities get ready to tie the knot. Between keeping up with the most stylish engagement rings and 2021 wedding dress trends, there is so much to be excited for this year. We are taking a look at celebrity engagement rings that have been announced since the late last year. These famous engagement rings will have your heart (and wallet) crying for more!
Famous Engagement Rings of 2021
In the last couple of years, we have seen a variety of engagement ring styles being shown off by influencers and celebrities. This year we can expect to see an abundance of yellow gold and elongated fancy shaped diamonds being posted on Instagram. As celebrities announce their engagements, future brides are looking to celebrity style tips to find the most beautiful engagement rings of 2021.
Ariana Grande’s Off-Set Center Stones Engagement Ring
GRAB EMBED CODE – ARIANA GRANDE
View this post on Instagram
The first celebrity engagement ring that deserves its moment in the spotlight is Ariana Grande’s off-set center stone ring. Ariana Grande announced her unique engagement ring on Instagram late December last year, but as one of the most beautiful engagement rings we have seen in 2021 we are still gawking over it all year long. The asymmetrical off-set style has become a more recent engagement ring trend that we expect to see coming into fruition.
Maria Sharapova’s Bezel Settings Engagement Ring
View this post on Instagram
Tennis pro Maria Sharapova got engaged to Alexander Gilkes in 2020, and she has been sporting a breathtaking bezel settings celebrity engagement ring. Maria’s famous engagement ring is the most secure ring setting a bride can have. The center gem can be seen being held in place by a ribbon of metal, making it the perfect engagement ring for the tennis star.
Bella Thorne’s Pear-Shaped Center Stone Engagement Ring
View this post on Instagram
Bella Thorne announced her celebrity engagement via Instagram in March 2021 and we are still raving over her engagement ring. Showing off her elegant pear-shaped center stone celebrity engagement ring, it is the perfect medium between flashy and conservative. This famous engagement ring has a halo of diamonds with a white gold band that glimmers with diamonds around it.
Paris Hilton’s Emerald Cut Sparkler Engagement Ring
View this post on Instagram
Former reality star Paris Hilton got engaged to boyfriend Carter Reum in February just days from her 40th birthday. The beauty mogul received a one-of-a-kind emerald-cut sparker engagement ring designed by jeweler Jean Dousset. The celebrity engagement ring is amongst the most stylish rings we have seen this year and is estimated to cost around $2 million dollars.
Finding the Perfect Bridal Shower Venue
If you are looking for the perfect bridal shower venue to show off your beautiful engagement ring at then look no further than our South Florida golf club. Our venue is perfect for all pre-wedding events, we have private rooms and banquet halls that will make the best wedding venue in all of Florida.
Contact us today to speak with one of our wedding coordinators. We offer wedding venues for bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, engagement parties, and more! You deserve the wedding of your dreams and Deer Creek Golf Club is here to help make your dreams come true.
Quarantine Proposal Ideas
Best Bridal Shower Gifts for the Bride-to-Be
Micro Weddings Are Becoming More Popular in the Era of COVID-19