Summer Wedding Food Ideas
While some may think of it as an afterthought, it’s the food at a wedding that has the power to truly bring guests from all walks of life together. If you are looking at summer wedding food ideas, there are a number of factors that must be considered.
- Are there any known dietary restrictions?
- Do you prefer buffet style or plated dishes?
- What foods are in season?
Deer Creek’s Fort Lauderdale Country Club maps out delicious summer party food ideas to wow your guests and enhance the beauty of your reception!
First Course Ideas to Get the Party Started!
To get your party started, here are some summer wedding food ideas for appetizers. These are the first impressions your guests will get of your party, so here are some fabulous appetizers to accentuate the season.
- Caprese Salad: Bright tomatoes pair beautifully with fresh mozzarella and basil, topped with a light drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. This dish can be served plated or passed out on skewers for an on-the-go snack, plus it’s a wonderful vegetarian option.
- Sushi Bar: Nothing screams summer like sushi! The versatility of this grab-and-go snack means it can satisfy a number of palettes. Make sure to include California or tempura rolls for those who don’t prefer raw fish.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Cantaloupe: This unique yet popular bite is the perfect blend of sweet, fruity, and salty. Its allure lies in its simplicity, showcasing the beautiful dance of flavors between the minimal ingredients.
- Lobster Rolls: A classic summer dish that is both filling and mouth-watering. Feel free to collaborate with your caterer if you’d prefer a substitution for the lobster.
- Charcuterie Graze: By showcasing an assortment of combinations, including cheese, fruit, meats, and crackers, guests will have the ability to craft their perfect bite and go back for seconds throughout the night.
Summer Main Courses
As the party gets underway and guests grow hungrier after dancing the night away, these fresh and filling foods will keep the party going.
- Fresh Pizza: Don’t let the popularity of this classic dish fool you. An artisanal wood-fired pizza is a perfect vessel for a wide array of ingredients and tastes.
- Braised Short Ribs: Pair this easy yet decadent dish with your favorite summer vegetables.
- Elote (Mexican street corn): This vegetarian option is packed with bright and powerful flavors and can be served on the cob or plated.
- Summer Salads: The options are endless when deciding what to include. Pair in-season vegetables with bright, citrusy dressings to pair great with champagne and wine.
Wedding Desserts to End the Night
Wrap up your magical evening on a high note with these mouth-watering summer dessert ideas.
- Make Your Own Acai Bowls: Nothing says summer like fresh fruit. What better way to showcase these ingredients than in a filling and refreshing smoothie bowl?
- Boozy Popsicles: Pair bright fruit juices with your favorite spirit in this delicious frozen treat. Have non-alcoholic versions on hand for children and those who don’t imbibe.
- Macarons: These gluten-free confections provide the perfect vessel for sweet summer flavors like peach or watermelon.
- Crepes: A classic dessert that can be paired with delectable ingredients like Nutella, cinnamon, and fruit.
- Key Lime Pie: Nothing screams a Florida summer celebration like this iconic dessert. Serve as small bites or in classic slices.
Contact Deer Creek to Learn More!
At Deer Creek, we take pride in both our extravagant venue and top-notch facilities, including excellent kitchens, eliminating the need for a caterer! If you have been inspired by these summer wedding food ideas, don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about these accommodations, and read more on wedding ideas on our blog.