Welcome to the “Sunshine State,” where during the summer the average temperature ranges from 73 degrees to 95 degrees. If you are coming to join us for a few rounds of golf, we want you to come prepared! Deer Creek recommends drinking lots of water, wearing sunscreen, and, most importantly, dressing appropriately for the heat.
It is important to know what material is best when golfing in the heat, so let us show you some of the best golf shirts for hot weather!
Most Comfortable Golf Shirt for Summer
The first thing to know about golfing in the heat is not to wear cotton shirts. 100% cotton is thick and can make the heat feel even more uncomfortable. It is best to avoid any natural fabrics for that reason. A synthetic fabric will allow the sweat to evaporate and stop the shirt from clinging to you.
Synthetic fabrics to look for:
- Nylon/Polyester shirts with spandex woven in
These will be the best golf shirts for hot weather. Natural fabrics absorb the moisture and make the shirt heavier and cling more, meaning you’ll feel hotter. There are many brands out there that make great golf clothes for hot weather, but there is a handful that stands out from the rest.
Adidas Golf Shirts
If you are looking for the best breathable golf shirts, Adidas is a great place to start. Not only are they great fitting, but they are also designed to keep players feeling cool in warmer weather. There is a common theme throughout this company that their shirts are made out of recycled materials to reduce plastic waste. This offers a modern take on classic styles. With the technology used in the shirts, golfers will find themselves cooler and happier in Adidas golf shirts, especially if it’s an afternoon tee time.
Adidas Golf Polos:
- Go-To Polo
- Statement No-show Primegreen Polo
- Jacquard Lines Polo Shirt
- Statement Seamless Polo Shirt
- Adicross Stone Polo
- Ultimate365 Solid Polo
- Ultimate365 Allover Print Primegreen Polo
Adidas also offers a range of other golf apparel options and accessories.
Under Armour Golf Apparel
Under Armour is another commonly known brand that has a great selection of golf attire. Not only are they created to keep players cool in the heat, but their fit and performance are also highly noted.
- Style: Being a larger global brand, Under Armor is able to provide many different styles and colors. It is a great brand to shop for that fits your personality.
- Fit: They also have a variety of fits, allowing players to find a fit tailored for their build and comfort levels. From loose-fitting, to regular or tight, Under Armour keeps you comfortable.
- Performance: Most Under Armour shirts perform well. Not only do the shirts have a great stretch, which is key in a good golf shirt, but some of them even use ribbon-shaped nylon fabric and titanium dioxide. Ribbon-shaped nylon fiber is meant to aid in heat dispersion, while titanium dioxide is meant to pull the heat away from the body.
Callaway Golf Clothing
Callaway golf is one of the most recognizable golf brands out there. It is also one of the most technically superior and sustainable products for golfers. Because of the special technologies used, they create breathable golf shirts for the players.
Different technologies they use:
- Swing Tech
- UV Block
- Engineered Ventilation
On top of their technologies, they have a variety of fashion options for some of the best golf shirts for hot weather. Their shirts come in different fits like Callaway X, which is their signature European slim-fit, and a fashion-focused collection.
Golf With Us!
So now that you know which are the best golf shirts for hot weather, you can come and check out our course and play a few rounds! If you have any further questions, contact us today. We will do what we can to make your next South Florida golf experience the best one!