Weddings today are geared towards being the social event you want everyone talking about. The only way to do that is to get social media involved. Since opening its doors almost 50 years ago, Deer Creek Golf Club has been a venue for many weddings and can show you how to plan a perfect wedding for social media.
Social Media Wedding Guide
First, some key points need to be met for a social media wedding: use multiple platforms, create your wedding hashtags, and follow your vendors and planners. Using social media isn’t just about the planning side of things. It can also be used to help you find planners, vendors, and other wedding needs.
Using Multiple Social Media Platforms
When it comes to a social media wedding, you’ll want your wedding on as many platforms as you can think of, including Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, and even Snapchat. The more places your wedding is seen, the more people will talk about it. Creating content that interests the audiences of these platforms will generate the buzz your wedding deserves.
- Tik Tok: Take a before and after video of the wedding party getting ready or them dancing.
- Instagram: On Instagram Reels, you can show each step leading up to the big day and then post-ceremony and reception pictures. Make sure to tag all photographers, videographers, makeup artists, hairstylists, and any other vendor involved in your wedding or shown in the image.
- Facebook: Different photo albums can be created here, from the initial tastings to the day’s pictures. Take your followers on the journey with you. You can also live-stream your wedding ceremony to share with friends and family that couldn’t make it.
- Snapchat: This is the perfect place to post pictures and videos of you and your guests using funny filters and having a great time.
On top of creating the content and taking your followers along for the ride, using hashtags will further your reach! Hashtags are great for a play on words using your and your fiance’s first or last names and creating a place where all the pictures posted using the hashtag can be seen. For example, if your new last name is going to be James, you can hashtag #LetTheJamesBegin. If your names can’t be turned into a punny wedding hashtag, don’t worry. Just visit some top wedding sites and look at some of their expert tips on wedding hashtags.
Discovering Planners and Vendors
Social media has become one of the best ways to see what wedding planners and vendors can do for you. By following their accounts, you can get a taste of what they can offer you while also showing your support for them. After your wedding, following social accounts is also important when you are posting pictures and tagging. Throughout the planning process, you’ll want to tag the catering company in a photo of the food, tag the makeup artists in a picture of the bride, and you’ll also want to credit the photographers and videographers that capture your special day.
Vendors that can be found on social media:
- Makeup Artists
- Musicians or DJs
- Photographers and Videographers
- Event Planners
- And More!
Social Media has been known to bring people together even if they are miles and miles apart. Having a big social media presence for your wedding will allow friends or family members that can’t be there to feel like they are a part of your wedding.
If you’re still in the planning phase and are looking for the perfect wedding venue, Deer Creek would be able to host your special day! Contact Us today so we can get started!