Who Do You Want to Win the 2015 Masters?
From April 9th to the 12th, Augusta National in Georgia will be hosting the annual Masters Golf tournament, with a grand prize of $10 million dollars. Since 1934, Augusta has hosted this world renown tournament, which is one of the four major championships in professional golf – Masters (April), U.S. Open (June), Open Championship (July), and PGA Championship (August).
With the Masters around the corner, which professional golfer are you routing for? The famous green jacket is an accomplishment of being the winner of the Augusta Masters, and here is the crowds’ top 5 favorites to win the 2015 Masters.
- Phil Mickelson – 44, USA. He has qualified 20 times in his 22 years of professional golf, and has won three times (2004, 2006, and 2010) and has had 14 top-10 finishes.
- Rory McIlroy – 25, Ireland. Currently the number one golfer in the world, but has a difficult time putting the greens at Augusta.
- Bubba Watson – 36, USA. Won the Masters in 2012 and 2014.
- Jordan Spieth – 21, USA. Tied for second last year at his first start on the tour.
- Adam Scott – 34, Australia. Masters winner in 2013 and has help four top-10 finishes in this 13 times at the Masters.
While there are other great professional golfers that are in the running – Jason Day (27, Australia), Martin Kaymer (30, Germany), Jimmy Walker (36, USA), Henrik Stenson (39, Sweden), and Dustin Johnson (30, USA) – the above list of five are the crowd favorites.
As we all know, golf is a game that can take everyone by surprise; we are eager to see which golfer will claim their territory this weekend at the beautiful golf course of Augusta National.