While there is no strict rule when setting up your golf bag, there is a method of organization you can use to optimize space. Organizing your golf bag ahead of time will allow you to know where your clubs are and will save you time on the course when it’s your turn to tee off.
There are many different styles of golf bags that include different club placement based on the size of your golf clubs. Knowing which golf clubs go in the bag can help you avoid purchasing a bag that can’t hold your equipment. If you don’t know how to set up your golf bag, our golf club at Deerfield Beach has provided some handy universal practices you can use to make your next golf trip a smooth one.
Organizing Your Golf Bag
There are a few steps you can take to ensure you have an ideal golf bag setup:
- Generally, the front of your golf bag is the side furthest away from the strap. Start here by putting your driver, woods, and your putter in the front compartment of your golf bag.
- In the second row of your golf bag, you should place your mid-range irons.
- In the final compartment of your golf bag, you should put your short irons, pitching wedge, and sand wedge.
- The towel attached to your golf bag can easily be one of the most important accessories you carry. When you set up your golf bag, remember to clip your towel to the front of the bag so it hangs down when the bag is propped up on its stand. This will allow you to easily clean your golf clubs after you shoot.
- Tees and balls are critical to your golf game on our championship golf course in Deerfield Beach, and you will have to carry them in your bag. Most golf bags come equipped with pockets for carrying items on the lower back of the bag. When you organize a golf bag, you should place the tees in the smaller pocket. The tees should be higher up since you will (hopefully) be using them most often, and golf balls should be stored in the lower pockets since they are larger and take up more space.
Golfing can be frustrating when you don’t how to set up your golf bag. Having an organized golf bag can help make the experience smooth and allow you to focus more on your game. Our staff at Deer Creek Golf Club would love to see these tips in action at our corporate golf tournament.
Article updated on October 6, 2020.