If you are an avid golfer, it is no secret that being stronger, more limber, and moving more efficiently are the keys to improving your overall golf game. Many people feel intimidated by the gym, whether it is due to lack of knowledge or time, and this can stifle their desire to improve their fitness for the sake of their golf game. Use these five at home exercises that are guaranteed to improve your golf swing and overall golf game before you hit the Deer Creek golf course.
- Jumping Jacks– Jumping jacks are a great way to warm up for any physical activity. They are considered the perfect exercise since they elevate your heart rate, increase blood flow, and get your whole body up and moving.
- Wall Sits– Wall sits help develop strong legs, engage the core, and improve posture. These are qualities that will create power and efficiency of movement while you are driving the golf ball down our Championship golf course in Deerfield Beach.
- Pushups– Pushups are a classic overall body exercise and when done properly, increase total body strength and stability to support all of your golfing endeavors.
- Lunges– Lunges will stretch areas including the glutes, groin, and hamstrings. Lunges strengthen you quads, which will give your body more power and support from the lower body throughout your golf swing.
- Hand Openers– Hand openers create strength in the hands and the forearms. These are perfect for adding distance to your golf stroke, while strengthening and lengthening your hands.